- Program Offerings
BSECE PROGRAM (2011)
This program came about, after realizing that some of the school’s resources can be used in the BSECE program.
As per CMO 24, s. 2008:
The BSECE curriculum is designed to develop engineers who have a background in mathematics, natural, physical and allied sciences. As such, the curriculum contains courses in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals with emphasis on the development of analytical and creative abilities. It also contains language courses, social sciences and humanities. This is to ensure that the electronics engineering graduate is articulate and is able to understand the nature of his/her special role in society and the impact of his/her work on the progress of civilization.
The curriculum is designed to guarantee a certain breadth of knowledge of the BSECE disciplines through a set of core courses. It ensures depth and focus in certain disciplines through areas of specialization. It provides a recommended track of electives that HEIs may adopt or develop. The curriculum develops the basic engineering tools necessary to solve problems in the field of Electronics Engineering. This enables the graduate to achieve success in a wide range of career.
Institutional electives are prescribed in order to give a certain degree of specialization so that institutions of learning will develop strengths in areas where they already have a certain degree of expertise.
Emphasis is given to the basic concepts. Previously identified courses are strengthened to take into account new developments. New courses and/or topics are introduced so that the student’s knowledge of the fundamentals may be enhanced. This is to allow the student to achieve a degree of knowledge compatible with international standards
By the time of graduation, the students of the BSECE program shall have the ability to:
- apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve complex engineering problems
- design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards
- function on multidisciplinary teams
- identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- apply professional and ethical responsibility
- communicate effectively
- identify the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and sociable context
- recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- apply knowledge of contemporary issues
- use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- apply knowledge of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- apply knowledge of electronics engineering in at least one specialized field of electronics engineering practice